Vancouver Disc Golf Courses:
At Kites and Puppets we have a wide variety of golf discs for sale (or Frisbee golf for those who are new). Stop by our store on Granville Island to buy golf discs and then go play at one of the listed disc golf Vancouver courses below. We list the three main Vancouver disc golf courses and also include a few other B.C., British Columbia disc golf courses as well.
- Quilchena Park Disc Golf Course: this course is located near 33rd and Arbutus Street at Quilchena Park in Vancouver. The park is quite large and has a variety of other amenities such as baseball fields and a skateboard park. The course plays along the outside perimeter of the park through some nice large trees and an open section near the end. The first few holes are short and snappy with a few technical spots to navigate and finishes with some long distance holes. The final hole is quite a distance shot up a long hill but once at the top you are rewarded with a nice view all the way down to the ocean. One issue to be aware of at this park is that there are many other users of this park to be aware of when throwing as it can get fairly busy with non-disc golf players.
- Queen Elizabeth Disc Golf Course: this course is located just off 37th and Ontario street near the pitch and putt golf course. It is the smallest Vancouver disc golf course and uses all of the space allocated to it with a well thought out course plan. Each hole has dual platforms offering a choice of an easier or harder driving launch and allowing for a full round. Most of the holes are short with a few longer ones scattered about, including a fun downhill drive with potential for a very satisfying hole in one. One great feature of the QE course is the water hazard on the final hole. Many disc golfers will find themselves making an unfortunate decision of whether to wade into murky water or just go buy a new golf disc.
- Jericho Hill Golf Disc Course: this course is located off 4th ave, west of Alma and close to Jericho Park.It is a beautiful Vancouver course with magnificent views of the city and ocean that get better as you crest the hill. There are many variations on how to play this course but the typical route starts with easier short holes at the bottom of the hill and gradually works towards a fantastic downhill distance shot from the top of the hill.
- Whistler Disc Golf Course:this is not located in Vancouver but two hours north in Whistler. Playing at the Whistler disc golf course is a true adventure and has three fairly different 9 hole sections. The first section goes through tight trees and forest and gets somewhat annoying as your disc continually bounces off trees and bushes. The second section climbs a rocky hill and finishes on a wild steep downhill forest shot that sucks up a lot of golf discs. The final section is fairly straight open and follows the powerline cut through the forest. Wear good shoes and expect to get a few leg scratches and bug bites.
- Pender Island Disc Golf Course: this course is located on beautiful Pender Island in the B.C. Gulf Island chain. It is a 27 hole course that winds through great forest landscapes and rocky outcroppings close to a lake. It is a fun and unique course.
- For a full listing of courses in Canada click here
Want to play disc golf or Frisbee golf in Vancouver? At Kites and Puppets we have one of Vancouver’s best selections of golf discs for sale at great prices. We are located on Granville Island in the Kid’s Market ground floor.